Friday, January 3, 2014

Italian Frangipane Mini Tarts


I know, Christmas has passed, but I wanted to share this recipe I made this year.    For so many reasons I've never been much of a baker.  Too little time when I worked,  too much altitude where I live and too much of a temptation to have all those baked goodies lurking in my home!

A new addition, which will become a tradition, was a recipe for frangipane bites or mini tarts.   These were made using almond paste and cake flour and each mini bite contained a "secret".  You can "switch up" the secret ingredient with maybe a ginger chunk, chocolate chip or dried cranberries.  For this trial I used dried apricots since they compliment the subtle almond flavor nicely.   Try your hand at it!  No need to wait for the holidays to make these.

Italian Frangipane Mini Tarts

1 stick or 8 oz. butter, softened

1/2 cup sugar

2 eggs

1/3 cup almond paste

1/3 cup cake flour

about 15  dried apricots

1/3 cup sliced almonds (for garnish)

sugar or decorator's sugar (for garnish)

You will place paper liners into 2 24 cup mini muffin trays.  Combine all the ingredients from butter through flour in a food processor, blending until smooth.  Fill each mini muffin cup only about 1/3 full.  They will puff up.  Snip the apricots up and press a piece into each cup.  Sprinkle with a few sliced almonds and dust with sugar.  Bake for 14-15 minute in a 350 degree oven.  Cool and pop them in your mouth.


No comments:

Post a Comment