Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A Year in Review - 2012

I thought it would be fun to do a "year in review" of the most memorable (for me) moments in each month.   I'll also be writing a  piece featuring my most popular food related posts of the year.   I hope you enjoy my reflections and encourage you to drop by once in a while for updates on Wendy's Favorite Place.   Thanks for your comments and views during the years and Happy New Year!

The first 6 months of 2012:


  January brought an unwelcome event.  Fire just over the hill from us in Washoe Valley.  I was packed and ready to go.


 February, like most years around here, we experienced a balmy mild Winter.  So, a hiking we will go, near Bower's Mansion and Davis Creek Park.


In March we celebrated my mom's 82nd birthday.  Oops, sorry about the candles!  Mom, you're the BEST!


 April....We celebrated Easter....my dad's 83rd birthday and drum roll, please!  My son popped the question.  Jeremy and Leilani are getting married!  Wonderful news!!  And those cream puffs were pretty tasty, too!


 What a great Mother's Day in May!   My love built some raised garden beds and later I had a gourmet dinner made by my son and his fiancee.



 May is one of my favorite months....my flowers come back every year and that is cause for celebration.  This high desert climate can be very limiting in the garden arena.



June  A great way to "kick" Summer into high gear...The Reno Rodeo  Ye..Haw!  And, gentlemen, start those barbecues!

Stay tuned for the last 6 months of 2012.  


No comments:

Post a Comment