Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Lancer's Spinach Salad Dressing


If you've been around these parts for at least 25 years, you would recognize the name, Lancers, as being the restaurant that burnt to the ground on Mount Rose Highway.  It had a prime spot for viewing the lights of Reno and evidently the food was amazing.  I did manage to salvage their spinach salad dressing recipe, which in my opinion, is the best! 

I made a batch for Easter dinner and now that my spinach is maturing in my garden it may be time to make more.  It's that good!

Ingredients:

1/2 Tbsp sugar

1/2 Tbsp salt

1/2 Tbsp dry mustard

1/2 Tbsp steak sauce (like A-1)

1 tsp garlic powder

1/4 cup burgundy wine

1/4 cup ketchup

1 cup olive oil

1/4 cup wine vinegar

1/4 cup honey

Mix all the ingredients in a 4 cup capacity bowl.  Pour into a jar and shake.  Serve over spinach.  Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment