Monday, September 26, 2016

Zucchini Bread



My husband has this saying and he's usually right.  "Don't change horses in the middle of the road" or "If it's not broken, don't fix it".  I recently tried to fix it using a different recipe for zucchini bread.  I'm sure the recipe probably worked but in my rush to bake this delicious bread, I grabbed the wrong measuring cup, thus using half the amount of flour for the bread.  So, as I watched the oven, needless to say after ample amount of baking time, the bread was still like mush.  All was not lost though.  I grabbed some frozen blueberries and proceeded to build a blueberry cobbler, of sorts.  It turned out okay, but lesson learned on measuring correctly.

I realized while glancing through my blog that I hadn't posted my zucchini  bread recipe which is fairly fool proof!  It's the perfect way to put a dent into a huge zucchini harvest!   Hopefully it works for you....

Zucchini Bread

3 eggs
1 cup oil
2 cups sugar
2 tsp vanilla

In a large bowl, beat until foamy.  Add 

2 cups shredded zucchini
1 c crushed pineapple

In another bowl blend (I use a whisk instead of sifting)

3 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cinnamon
3/4 tsp nutmeg

Add the flour mixture into the egg/sugar mixture  folding until well blended.  Add the 

1 cup raisins
1 cup chopped nuts (I like pecans)

Pour into 2 greased loaf pans and bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean.  Enjoy! 



No comments:

Post a Comment