Sunday, February 1, 2015

Game Day Perspective



Another "game" day has come and gone and this is the way I view it.  I'm not nor have ever been an avid football fan.  I went to the games in high school to meet up with friends and to find out where the best parties were after all the touchdowns were made!   I've learned to appreciate the athletic abilities of the players over the years, not so much the food such as chili, wings, etc.  This year was spent with great friends and a chance to "cater" a rustic pizza party for them.

I really didn't care who won.  Patriots from New England or Sea hawks from Seattle.  The way I look at it is.......I've traveled to both places and each were equally enjoyable.  Lobster rolls from New England, leaves changing to brilliant colors and quaint seaside villages versus the breathtaking Seattle landscape, abundant fresh salmon,  pristine landscapes, not to mention the lavender farms.  I just couldn't choose this year.  I'm fond of both areas!

Back to present day.  I decided to make "designer" pizzas adorned with prosciutto, roasted garlic, caramelized onions, roasted tomatoes, olives, fresh mozzarella, and sauteed mushrooms.  It's one of our favorites and I was hoping it would be okay for our friends.  Well, there wasn't much left over so I guess it passed the test.  As for the game, I'm happy with the outcome!


Beautiful San Juan Island near Seattle

Lavender Farm on San Juan Island

Near Bar Harbor, Maine (New England)



No comments:

Post a Comment