Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Being Wined and Dined



I rarely go for over a week not writing something.  The usual suspect would be that I'm travelling to my bucket list places.  But, lately I've spent time with family, cooking and being wined and dined.

A week or so ago my sister surprised my mom for her 84th (!!) birthday.  Chris became my official meatball tester as a pot of sauce simmered away on the stove top.  She excelled at this job!  Then the feast of pasta and chocolate cake.  I think I got the "secret to the sauce" finally down!

Then, we were invited over to my son and his beautiful bride's home (newly remodeled) for a feast of barbecued ribs, mashed roasted cauliflower and grilled veggies, followed by a special flavor from Jingleheimer-Schmidt's reserve ice cream, Earl Grey .  Yum...I  love ice cream, but especially my son's.
Appetizers...avocado tomato bruschetta with balsamic glaze

Earl Grey ice cream

I'm not much for St. Patrick Day festivities, even though I am Irish.  I don't look good in green and I don't really care for corned beef.  But, I wanted the luck of the Irish to ooze into my being, so I partook in an annual St Patrick day dinner my mom and dad religiously have.  I really had to inspect my closet for a smidgen of green clothing.  (It was tough)  They put on a spread that any lucky leprechaun would be proud of.   I missed having the Irish coffee though, because this girl was driving and the police were out in droves!  I'll take a rain check on that!

All in all it's been a nice couple of weeks spending time with friends and family.  The weather is getting bearable and seasonably warm...flowers are starting to bloom, birds are singing and life is good...

No comments:

Post a Comment