Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Simple Stuffed Red Peppers


I'll be digging into my archives of recipes for the next couple of weeks.  These are meals that I've made over the course of the last year, but for some reason have not been posted.  With the advent of yet another "slim down" season, what I'm currently eating is not worthy of a post,  yet.  I'm surviving on basic rabbit food at the moment.  With some massive creative energy,  I may come up with some "keepers" I can share.    For now, enjoy this stuffed red pepper recipe from a few weeks ago.  Delicious!

Ingredients:

2 red peppers, cut in half lengthwise & cleaned

Parboil these for about 10-15 minutes, remove and place in a roasting pan.

1/2 lb. ground beef

2 garlic cloves, minced

2 Tbsp onion, chopped

handful of chopped basil

1 hamburger bun in small pieces (or 2 slices of french bread will do)

3 large mushrooms, thinly sliced

salt and pepper to taste

1 large tomato, chopped or 4 canned whole peeled, cut


In a large skillet brown the meat and then add the remaining ingredients while stirring well.  Cook the filling for 15 minutes.



 Fill the red peppers with this mixture, sprinkle some Parmesan or  mozzarella on top.  Bake for about 20-25 minutes. 4 servings  

No comments:

Post a Comment