Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Guess Who's Coming to Dinner - Shrimp Marinade


After our kitchen remodel, there were several people I needed wanted to have over for dinner.  They so graciously invited us into their home while the kitchen chaos was being played out.  These friends, and they know who they are, probably fretted a bit over what to feed us.  After all, I write a food blog, and I must be this world renowned chef!  Truth be told, I fretted over what to serve them!

I decided to serve grilled shrimp and gnocchi for one couple.  A few weeks later I served steak and the exact same grilled shrimp.  This marinade recipe is a "keeper" and with a few revisions it morphs into a great salad dressing or vinaigrette.

Grilled Shrimp Marinade:

1/2 cup olive oil

2 cloves garlic, minced

2 Tbsp dried rosemary

2 Tbsp lemon juice

1-2 tsp honey

about 1lb (16-20) uncooked, cleaned shrimp, tail left on (for appearance only)

Mix all the above and place all but 1/4 of the marinade into a plastic bag along with the shrimp.  This will easily marinade about 20 pieces.  Put the bag into the refrigerator until ready to use.  Place the 1/4 reserved liquid in a small bowl and refrigerate also.    This you will use for brushing the shrimp with on the grill.

After guests have arrived all you need to do is skewer the shrimp and put them on the BBQ. 

With one simple revision, substituting the honey with "truvia sweetener", I was able to have these after I started my current "slim down" plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment